Sunday, November 14, 2004

Eve of the dream job

Well, tomorrow night I get the first taste of my new job.

I will be the Assistant Manager / Manager In Training for one of the local videogame retail stores. I used to work in the retail sector; I was the assistant in a small electronics shop - but I haven't worked a retail job for over four years. I'd say I'm nervous, but I'm not in the least.

Maybe I should be; I've had no training at all, the store is one of the busiest of the chain of stores, and I can only work a couple of hours this week as I finish up my obligations to the law firm. Still, I'm excited, not scared. I've had many lessons on this subject, but I think I've finally learned - life's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

I'm ready to embark upon this new, exciting journey. I can't wait.

Until next time, don't forget to wave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home