Saturday, November 06, 2004

It's what's inside that counts

I think it's more than past time for another car-related post.

My 1979 Chevrolet Corvette was not blessed with the most power of any Corvette out there, but it has a few things going for it. First of all, it's still all original. Considering that my car was built just one day after I was born, it's held up amazingly well. More than I can say for me.

As you can see in previous posts, the car is VERY red. But surely, that red is muted by a nice black or tan interior, right?

Now THAT is a red car...

So we've established that the car commands a bit of attention. However, it's not all show and no go. In 1979, the emissions requirements forced Chevrolet to restrict the horsepower of all their cars, but the Corvette suffered more than most. My car is equipped with the L-48 engine, which was the smaller of the two engines available that year. It may only be rated at 195 horsepower, but isn't it sweet looking?

Look back in time...

So actually, the car is mostly show and not so much go, but really - don't the looks make up for the lack of raw power? I certainly think so - and I can still torch any boy-racer out there (at the track, of course). That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Until next time - don't forget to wave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home