Saturday, November 13, 2004

Leaving a job...finding a dream

I quit my job .

Maybe I should explain and give a little backstory. In January of 2004, I started working for a law firm in Downtown Columbus, one that specialized primarily in foreclosure proceedings. This firm wasn't content with just being a foreclosure firm with a solid, dependable reputation; they wanted to be the best. They became the best very quickly, too - I like to think I had something to do with helping them along.

I took over the copy room job when I started with the firm, and quickly organized and streamlined their mail and copy processes. Hey, I'm a Process Management major, it's what I do. Things went well for a long time. Business expanded rapidly, but through effort and the hiring of a key helper, I was able to grow and evolve at the same rate as the law firm. There were bumps in the road, and occasional conflict with coworkers, but for the most part, I think things went well.

Still...now I have a chance to manage people...and I have to take it.

More on the new job tomorrow. Until next time, don't forget to wave!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy, Brandon! Yay! I get the title of key helper. Alright, I'm psyched, blogs are cool. signed: GUESS WHO

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home