Saturday, January 01, 2005

Fresh start to a new year

Well, it's officially 2005 now - time flies when you're having fun, eh?

This last year has been an interesting one, at least for me. Full of ups and downs (but usually more ups) and lots of changes. I'm not so much of a believer in New Year's resolutions, but I do have a few goals for the coming year.

1. First, I resolve to update my blog more frequently. I know not that many people read it, but it's therapeutic, if nothing else. I have quite a few more stories that I can post, which also leads me into my next goal...

2. I'm going to focus more on my writing this year. I'm not very good, and can admit that to myself, but I'm coming to realize something. I enjoy it much more when I write for myself, not worrying as much what other people think. I like input from others, but ultimately - I need to make myself happy. Leading to...

3. I'm going to be a bit more selfish this year. That may sound strange, but I've spent a lot of my energy over the past few years making sure everyone around me is okay. I need to focus a bit of that energy on myself - finish my degree, move farther along my career path, improve my writing - I want to be a better, happier person. I've kind of been in a rut regarding my own happiness lately.

4. I'm also going to try to be more giving this year. It may seem like this is in direct contradiction with what I just said my third resolution was, but I realize I could do more for those around me. I'm just not going to cause myself unnecessary harm by doing so.

These are my goals for the upcoming year. I have a few other smaller ones, but they fit into those four rather neatly, or in some cases even into multiple categories.

As for my friends, I'll do what I can to help them, and hopefully they'll wish to be involved my successes as well. Maranie - I know I can be a pretty major annoyance sometimes (cookies, heh... :) ) but thanks for putting up with me anyway. I hope you know what our friendship means to me. Rachael - it was nice meeting you this year, and hopefully we'll get together again soon. It's always nice to meet new (interesting) friends. Andrea - it's been a pleasure getting to know you. You're still a total goofball, but I wouldn't trade you for the world. I'm not sure what the coming year holds, but I'm going to try to make it a wild and interesting ride. Cammie - you're a dog. Seriously. If you don't stop licking my leg right now...good dog. *pets dog, looks up, resumes typing*

Finally, to my wife - as we travel towards our third wedding anniversary (has it been that long already?), I just can say this. Hold on - I have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy, entertaining ride.

With the 'Vette tucked away for the winter, I'll have plenty to work on until the spring. Here's to the start of a brand new year!

Brandon C. Kerlee
1/1/2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home