Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ad that started it all (Part 2)

...I had traveled to the dealership in Springfield to check out a red 1972 Corvette, but I realized soon after looking at the car that it wasn't quite right for me. While there, I came upon another car. As soon as I laid eyes upon it, I knew it was the one. I didn't even ask to drive it, I just went home to get the financing together. Maybe I should have - I might have chosen differently...I missed one minor detail. The car was an automatic, right?

When I arrived home, I logged on to the dealer's website and scanned the ad.

I knew it at first sight

1979 Corvette T-Top Coupe, #5294 - Red with Excellent Red Leather Interior. Numbers matching 350 with 4 Speed Transmission. Options include Power Steering, Power Brakes, AM/FM Cassette, Rear Defrost, Stainless Steel Brake Calipers, and Aluminum Rally Wheels with White Letter Radials. Super body, paint and interior on a totally left alone little coupe. Lots of car for only $12,900

There was the problem - I'd never learned how to drive a stick. Lucky for me, I managed to get it down rather quickly. That's another story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please share how you got the car home without knowing how to drive a stick! :)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home