Thursday, February 24, 2005

The ad that started it all

1972 Corvette Convertible, #5293 - Mille Miglia Red with Black Interior and White Soft Top. 350 with Automatic Transmission, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Leather Interior, SS Brake Calipers, AM/FM Radio, Tinted Glass and Rally Wheels with White Letter Radials. Neat summer driver with just the right helping of attitude courtesy of a well done mild flare job and Hooker side exhaust. Runs and drives great. $18,900

Check out the pipes...

Chrome inside, too...

Customized and ready...

This was the ad that convinced me to travel to Springfield and purchase another 'Vette after selling my '85 nearly three years before. I saw this car and this ad and decided it was the perfect car for me. Sure, it was older - it may have needed some work and might have been out of my budget - but it would be worth it, right?

When I saw the car in person, I managed to follow the first rule of Corvette shopping; never buy a Corvette that's almost perfect, because the difference between almost perfect and perfect can be equal to the total cost of the car all over again.

However, while I was looking at the car that afternoon, another 'Vette on the lot caught my eye...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home